Izzi v2.0 Updated Raid Guide (As of 4/4/22)
Raid Guide as of 4/4/22
As of March 14, 2022, Elemental Advantages have been added to Raid Battles. As a result, the current raid meta will now be dependent on exploiting the raid boss' weaknesses, and taking advantage of your team's elemental resistance, and as of the same date, Light element is now weak to Poison and Crystal.
As of March 31, 2022, Poison is now weak to Ground, and removed Light's weakness to Poison.
Elemental Effectiveness (new)
water > fire (ex: water is effective against fire)
fire > grass and crystal
grass > ground and water
ground > electric and poison
electric > water
crystal > ground and light
poison > wind and grass
wind > crystal
dark > poison
light > dark
Neutral has no elemental effects.
Note: There's only 1 effectiveness to elementals regardless of how many you use, your damage won't increase. It's equivalent to that of the damage dealt from single elemental damage.
Diagram: Credits to tdeoslty#6942
What elements do I use to deal super effective damage?
There will be elements that are weak to one element in the raid, but also strong against it, making its damage neutral. Example of this is a raid with Poison and Light Element. Poison is weak to Dark, but Dark is weak against Light, so the damage dealt will be neutral.
With that in mind, here's a simple method of what elements to use in your raids.
First, you have to review the raid boss elements. Let's have an example:
Gray Fullbuster, who is a Water element, is weak to Grass and Electric, and resists Fire
Shuna, who is a Light element, is weak to Crystal, and resists Dark
Ryuk, who is a Dark element, is weak to Light, and resists Poison
So your team composition must have at least one Grass, Electric, Crystal or Light element card to deal super effective damage.
Note: In other raids, it is recommended to have all 3 cards be super effective against the boss to avoid neutralizing your attacks to the raid boss.
I'm lacking these elemental cards in my inventory, will my team still do super effective damage?
To determine whether your team will be super effective against the boss, you have to compare your team's cards to the individual cards in the raid boss.
Let's take the same example, if you only have Kageyama Tobio, Toshirou Hijikata, and Artoria Pendragon (Saber) in your inventory, the effectiveness will be as follows:
|Cards||Kageyama Tobio (Light)||Toshirou Hijikata (Fire)||Artoria Pendragon (Saber) (Light)|
|Gray Fullbuster (Water)||Neutral (0)||Weak (-1)||Neutral (0)|
|Shuna (Light)||Neutral (0)||Neutral (0)||Neutral (0)|
|Ryuk (Dark)||Strong (+1)||Neutral (0)||Strong (+1)|
|Effective, Weak or Neutral?||Strong (+1)||Weak (-1)||Strong (+1)||*Team Effectiveness: Strong (+1)|
*If team effectiveness is positive, your team will deal super effective damage to the raid boss, and resist the raid boss' incoming attacks
If team effectiveness is zero, your team will deal and receive neutral damage to the raid boss.
If team effectiveness is negative, your team will deal not very effective damage, as well as taking super effective damage from the raid boss. You have skip this particular raid if your team effectiveness hits this value.
There are some new compositions due to the update, and some abilities are getting attention because of a recent ability buff and/or the existence of elemental advantages.
- Predator + Dragon Rage + Revitalize (needs elemental advantages) with Youmu's Ghostblade, Navori Quickblades or Duskbade of Draktharr and Bloodthirster items equipped. (Good for raids that have no attack buffs, can cap damage before reaching Round 15, decent against Dominator and Bone Plating raids)
- Dominator + Fighting Spirit + Revitalize (needs elem advantages) with Black Cleaver, Navori Quickblades or Duskblade of Draktharr and Bloodthirster items equipped (Great against Tornado raids due to the ability dishing high amounts of True damage every 2 rounds)
- Dominator + Fighting Spirit + Tornado (needs elem advantages) with Black Cleaver, Navori Quickblades or Duskblade of Draktharr and Bloodthirster items equipped (Decent damage against Balancing Strike and Elemental Strike raids)
- Dominator + Fighting Spirit + Restriction (needs elem advantages) with Black Cleaver, Navori Quickblades or Duskblade of Draktharr and Bloodthirster items equipped (Great against Misdirection raids without evasion)
- Sleep + Dragon Rage + Blizzard (recommended to have elemental advantages) with Black Cleaver, Youmu's Ghostblade and Bloodthirster items equipped (Generic counter to Sleep raids without a speed changing ability. Ex. Presence of Mind, Blizzard, Predator)
More raid comps coming soon!